Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Participate in Ada Lovelace Day 2010

Have you blogged about a technical woman you admire for this year's Ada Lovelace Day? You haven't? Well, you're in luck - it's not too late! Just get your post done before the end of the day (or sneak it in a day or two late), and let the world know at the official website.

I just finished my post. I wrote about a researcher I admire:
I met Michelle for the first time at last year's CRA-W Grad Cohort in San Francisco. We were both second year grad students, so we happened to sit at the same table when given time to mingle with our cohort.

I quickly learned that although Michelle was also a second year grad student like me, she was much further ahead in her research. In fact, she had finished her Masters thesis in January! She was going to do her PhD in September and work on cool stuff until then. She told me about the projects she'd been working on, and I just couldn't help but be impressed.
Check out the rest of the post on my blog, then get started on your own. A short paragraph will do!

Don't have a blog? Just email wise@carleton.ca and we'll post it here for you!

Need a little inspiration? You can follow many of the blogs written all around the world for Ada Lovelace Day on Twitter via #ald10.

0 comments: