Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Zumba!

The strong women of CU-WISE



Communicating through body language
After our yoga session in November, we thought it would be fun to try a different class for the end of winter term, so yesterday a bunch of the CU-WISE women gathered to try out Zumba.

Zumba is a fusion of aerobics with latin dance, set to great international music. One of the things I loved about it is that our instructor communicated almost entirely through body language, so despite the gym setting, it felt a bit like dancing in a club rather than the traditional "two more, one more" aerobics. And the music can't be beat.



Having a good time
Most of us had never tried zumba before, and despite a couple of problems with the CD player, I think everyone had a lot of fun!

[More photos from our Zumba class]

1 comments:

Gail Carmichael said...

I wish I had been able to make it out! I tried Zumba with Natalia and Barb in December. I'm thinking about signing up for the regular athletics classes in the fall, so if any of you ladies are still around and are thinking of joining too, let me know! :)