Monday, March 23, 2009

Geek Feminism Wiki

At one of the WISE presentations recently, I was talking to someone about resources for women to deal with issues that crop up related to gender. She was saying that she finds that in a lot of situations, women have little way to seek help anonymously, since even if names aren't mentioned, there's often only, say, 3 people who it could possibly be. She mentioned that it'd be really handy if there were a wiki where people could contribute resources and information about how to handle stuff. Not just big stuff, but "little" things like the odd off-colour joke or things that aren't really worth launching a complaint over, but are irritating...

I mentioned that there is a wiki aimed at geeky women that might be helpful, but foolishly forgot to get her email address so I could send her a link, so I'll point it out to all of you and hopefully she'll read this too!

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/

It's not quite what we were talking about, but there's a lot of useful resources, role models, and links there. And they're always looking for more contributors, if you want to add to the information or discussion!

1 comments:

Gail Carmichael said...

Thanks for sharing! I added my name and blog to the bloggers list, and I added the main site to the Canadian WISE Groups wiki.